May 16-19, 2017. Minsk, Belarus
The Seminar is organized on the initiative of Joint Institute for Power and Nuclear Research – Sosny with the support of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, the B.I. Stepanov Institute of Physics of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, the Institute for Nuclear Problems of Belarusian State University, the Belarusian State University.
The aim of the Seminar is to provide a single forum for all aspects of nonlinear dynamics in:
- Nuclear and reactor physics (nuclear theory, the interaction of particles and nuclei, neutron transport, future nuclear reactors, physics of nuclear transmutations, safety analysis for nuclear facilities, development and adaptation of codes for deterministic/probabilistic safety analysis, verification and validation of safety related software, radiation technologies, radiation monitoring)
- High energy physics (quantum chromodynamics, standard model, quark-gluon plasma, collective phenomena, nonperturbative effects, confinement, radiative corrections, Monte Carlo simulations)
- Information processing (quantum computation and cryptography, neural networks, artificial intelligence, parallel computing, GRID)
- Mathematical foundations and methods (classical and quantum chaos, chaos and tunneling, correlations, dynamical systems, integrable systems, analytical and numerical methods)
- Foundation of electronics and optics (nano-, micro-, opto- and quantum electronics, classical and quantum optics)
- Economics, social and biological systems (nonlinear dynamics in economics, social and biological systems)
Proceedings of the Seminar will be published as a separate book.
Selected papers will be proposed for publication in the international journal Nonlinear Phenomena in Complex Systems .
October 25-27, 2016, Minsk, Belarus
The Conference and the Seminar are organized on the initiative of the Joint Institute for Power and Nuclear Research – Sosny of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus with the support of the National Academy of Scinces of Belarus, the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry for Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus, and the Belarusian Republican Foundation for Fundamental Research.
The Conference is aimed at discussion of methodological, ecological and social aspects of atomic energy use in the modern period, technical solutions for their achievement, analysis of the state of scientific research on nuclear and radiation technologies, elaboration of principles for implementation of the scientific research in the field of modern development of atomic energy: plants safety, NPP upgrading, radiation state monitoring, radioactive waste management, and personnel training for NPPs.
Special attention will be paid to the problems related to the NPP construction in Belarus:
- Fundamental Research in Nuclear Physics;
- Nuclear and Radiation Technology;
- Tools for independent reactor control;
- Innovative Reactor Concepts and Fuel Cycless;
- Safety of Nuclear Power Plants: Construction, Commissioning and Operation;
- Deterministic and Probabilistic Safety Analysis;
- Management of Spent Fuel and Radioactive Waste;
- Environmental Impact of Nuclear Power;
- Personnel Training for Nuclear Power;
- Ensuring Energy Security of the Country;
- Introducing Nuclear Power Plants into Electrical Power Systems;
- Nuclear Medicine, Equipment and Radiation Dosimetry;
- Nuclear Data and Software.
Conference working languages are – English and Russian.
The Opening of the Conference will take place on October 25, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in the conference hall of the Joint Institute for Power and Nuclear Research – Sosny of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
Registration of the participants from 8.30 to 10.00.
Address of the Conference place: Minsk 220109, 99 Acad. Krasin Str. (Transit: “Mogilyovskaya” metro station, bus #160 to Institute station)