October 23-26, 2018, Minsk, Belarus
The Conference and the Seminar are organized on the initiative of the Joint Institute for Power and Nuclear Research – Sosny of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
with the support of the National Academy of Scinces of Belarus, the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Belarus,
the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry for Emergency Situations
of the Republic of Belarus, and the Belarusian Republican Foundation for Fundamental Research.
The Conference is aimed at discussion of methodological, ecological and social aspects of atomic energy use in the modern period,
technical solutions for their achievement, analysis of the state of scientific research on nuclear and radiation
technologies, elaboration of principles for implementation of the scientific research
in the field of modern development of atomic energy: plants safety, NPP upgrading, radiation
state monitoring, radioactive waste management, and personnel training for NPPs.
Special attention will be paid to the problems related to the NPP construction
- Fundamental Research in Nuclear Physics;
- Nuclear and Radiation Technology;
- Tools for independent reactor control;
- Innovative Reactor Concepts and Fuel Cycless;
- Safety of Nuclear Power Plants: Construction, Commissioning and Operation;
- Deterministic and Probabilistic Safety Analysis;
- Management of Spent Fuel and Radioactive Waste;
- Environmental Impact of Nuclear Power;
- Personnel Training for Nuclear Power;
- Ensuring Energy Security of the Country;
- Introducing Nuclear Power Plants into Electrical Power Systems;
- Nuclear Medicine, Equipment and Radiation Dosimetry;
- Nuclear Data and Software.
Conference working languages are English and Russian.
Deadline for application: July 31, 2018
Abstract submission : July 31, 2018
Abstract acceptance notif.: September 15, 2018
Deadline for draft paper: October 1, 2018
Deadline for posters: October 1, 2018
Final paper: December 1, 2018
Oral and poster sessions will be organised during the conference. A 200-word abstract and a full paper (up to 8 pages) will only be asked to authors giving an oral presentation. Poster authors will provide an extended abstract (up to 2 pages).
Oral presentations will be limited to 25 minutes. The authors are kindly asked to present their papers in 20 minutes to allow 5 minutes for discussion.
The Opening of the Conference will take place on October 23, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. in
the conference hall of the Hotel Yubileiny at the address: Pobeditelei Ave., 19, Minsk 220004, Belarus.
Registration of the participants from 8.30 to 10.00.
Minsk 220109, 99 Acad. Krasin Str. (Transit: "Mogilyovskaya" metro station,bus # 160 to Institute station)