Laboratory of equipment for nuclear power plants and resource-saving technologies # 10;
Petr NAGULA, Ph.D. of Engineering Sciences
Tel .: +375 (17) 377-18-56
Fax: +375 (17) 374-18-66; +375 (17) 374-83-35
The history of the laboratory began in the 60s of the 20th century from the target laboratories and units of the Institute of Nuclear Energy of the Academy of Sciences of the BSSR, which conducted research in the field of nuclear materials science. The laboratory was created to study the steels and alloys used in nuclear energy, in particular to study the effect of radiation and radiation-thermal effects of high activity levels on the physicochemical and mechanical properties of materials.
Currently, the team includes 16 employees, including 1 doctor of sciences, 3 candidates of science, who perform a wide range of scientific research in various areas. The material base includes: the Etalon stand, the TDU-1 stand, the laboratory for the study of structural materials, the production site, the laboratory for the study of refrigerants.
The main activities:
Contacts for verification and calibration:
Scientific al. Rybchak Svetlana Vladimirovna
tel .: +375 (17) 323-84-84; +375 (29) 7547161
Scientific al. Goat Marina Nikolaevna
tel .: +375 (17) 377-18-56; +375 (29) 792-27-02
Contacts for electrolytic plasma polishing:
Scientific al. Tretinnikov Denis Leonidovich
tel .: +375 (17) 374-18-66; +375 (29) 191-96-66; +375 (29) 869-10-83
The main directions of scientific research:
- conducting experimental and theoretical studies to justify the rational and efficient use of fuel and energy resources, radioactive waste management, environmental protection and the introduction of new substances and materials;
- thermophysics and thermomechanics of nuclear reactors and reactor facilities, including rod fuel assemblies and fuel elements;
- development and manufacture of heat exchange equipment, installations and equipment according to customer requirements;
- development of methods for calculating new efficient heat exchange devices for the needs of industry and heat supply;
- development of a method for diagnosing the parameters of the state of ammonia in the conditions of operation of power (refrigeration) plants using ammonia as a working fluid;
- corrosion studies of structural materials of nuclear power plants, including under the influence of radiation;
- development and development of a technology for polishing products from complex conductive materials using electrolytic-plasma processing of metals and alloys.
Laboratory staff are involved in the scientific support of the construction of a nuclear power plant, as experts in the technical expertise of construction projects of the Belarusian NPP. The competence of the team includes such questions as:
- quality assurance system at all stages of the NPP life cycle;
- thermohydraulic calculations of a nuclear reactor and reactor installation;
- thermohydraulic tasks of deterministic safety analysis;
- strength calculations of the main, auxiliary equipment and pipelines of nuclear power plants;
- assessment of the operation of the cooling system of the nuclear power unit based on the evaporative cooling tower;
- study of structural materials of the 1st circuit;
- safety study of buildings and structures of a nuclear island;
- safety assessment of the use of auxiliary equipment of the 1st circuit and others.
Research and computer simulation of thermophysical processes in reactor plants and their structural elements: core and individual fuel assemblies are being conducted. A family of subchannel computer programs (settlement codes) has been developed that makes it possible to simulate, over the entire range of modes (including emergency), hydraulics and heat transfer processes in rod fuel assemblies of water-cooled power reactors. The developed software is verified. A computer program has also been developed that allows you to simulate the distribution of the coolant flow over the fuel assemblies of the core. Verification of acquired thermo-hydraulic system realistic codes and thermo-hydraulic container code is carried out. All these studies are carried out with the aim of preparing these software tools for solving the problems of deterministic safety analysis of RP with VVER.
Investigations of electrodynamic processes in weak electrolyte solutions with inhomogeneous boundary conditions during electrolyte-plasma processing of parts and components of nuclear power plants with a complex surface configuration are carried out. The research results will be used to decontaminate removable equipment of the 1st circuit of the Belarusian NPP.
An analysis of the existing cooling systems is carried out, a method for calculating the cooling system of a large nuclear power unit based on a dry cooling tower is proposed and developed.
For the needs of industry and heat supply, methods are being developed for calculating new efficient compact heat exchangers, and their production and repair have also been established on the basis of the laboratory.
The Etalon stand was created in 1999-2003 and put into operation by order of the State Standard of 08.16.2005 No. 133 and is designed to reproduce and transfer units of mass and volume flow of water.
Using the Etalon test bench, the metrological characteristics of measuring instruments are studied, calibration and periodic state verification of flowmeters and rotameters of various modifications are carried out: mass, electromagnetic, vortex, ultrasonic: flow range from 0.06 to 285 t/h (m3/h), Du from 6 to 200 mm; rotameters are checked: flow rate range from 0.01 to 20 m3/h, DN from 10 to 65 mm. The work is carried out on a cost accounting basis with many entities of the Republic of Belarus. Among them: Naftan OJSC, Mozyr Oil Refinery OJSC, Belarusneft RUE, Savushkin Product OJSC, Minsk Crystal OJSC, Krinitsa OJSC, etc. The annual volume of services sold in 2014 was about 1 billion Belarusian rubles. In addition, in parallel with the installation, research is being conducted in the field of hydrodynamics and metrology.
Theoretical and experimental studies of new ozone-safe mixed refrigerants are being conducted on the gradual decommissioning of hydrochlorofluorocarbons.
Installations for dispersing highly viscous multicomponent media are developed and manufactured in the laboratory. For example, the following can be used as components: vegetable oils, chocolate, nuts, cocoa powder and others; peat and sapropels; petroleum products, including bitumen and fuel mixtures.
All laboratory research results are successfully used in the activities of various enterprises of the industrial sector of the republic.