Laboratory of Radiation and Energy Technology Research # 14
Vitaliy SOLOVYEV, Ph.D. of Engineering Sciences, Associate Professor
Tel.: +375 (17) 355-34-87; mobile: +375 (29) 6497897
Fax: +375 (17) 374-83-35
The laboratory was found in 1992. Its first name was: «Laboratory for physical-technological research», later it was named «Laboratory for bioenergetic resources and technologies» for the appreciation of safe use of biofuel, inclusive those, polluted with radionuclides from the Chernobil region. In 2006 the name was changed into «Laboratory for radiation and energy-technological research» because of the construction of the belarussian NPP and a larger number of tasks and research work.
Main directions for scientific research work (fundamental and applied), projects:
• Research of processes of interaction of radionuclides in hard and gas phases by pyrolysis, gasification and burn out of biofuel and local types of fuel, polluted by radionuclides from the Chernobyl emission
• Research of the mechanism of the formation of dispers-aerosol inclusions in dumping gases by thermochemical processing of hard fuel types, polluted by radionuclides, and also the processes of cleaning dumping gases.
• Research of radiation characteristics of fuelburn facilities, ashy divergence and activity emission into the environment by using biofuel ant local fuel types polluted by radionuclides on energy objects of the republic .
• Research of physical-chemical features and substantiation of technologies of treatment of hard waste products from the NPP, inclusive conditioning of waste products and cleaning of gases by thermochemical processing.
• Observation of the influence of possible induced disasters on objects of economical activity in the 30 km. zone of the belarussian NPP on the security of the working of the NPP.
SPSR «Nuclear energy and nuclear-physical technologies»:
• «Research of the ecological state of the 30 km. zone of the Belarussian NPP during induced accidents on objects of economical activity for the appreciation of its influence on the secure work of the NPP».
• «Substantation of the properties and structure of fuel compositions on the basis of biofuel and peat, polluted by radionuclides, with the addition of sorbents for the secure use on industrial and energy objects of the republic of Belarus.
• Conduction of expertise of documents, grounding the provision of nuclear and radiation security by acting in the sphere of nuclear energy use (blocks №1 and 2 of the Belarussian NPP)
Major achievements (developments):
• Recommendations for reducing the risk of the ash waste formation of RAW category at the power facilities of the state company “Belenergo” with the burning of peat and wood chips contaminated with radionuclides. Implemented at Rechitsa HPP “Gomelenergo”.
• Technological regulations (recommendations for the development) of handling radioactive ash waste when using wood fuel from contaminated areas in industrial boiler houses and mini-HPP.
• Methodology of investigation of man-made accidents at the objects of economic activities located in the Belarusian segment of the 30-km zone of the Belarusian NPP.
The international cooperation:
• a joint project with the Joint Institute for High Temperatures of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow) “Theoretical and experimental study of reducing the emission of Cs-137 into the atmosphere by burning solid fuels contaminated with radionuclides by excitation of thermoacoustic self-oscillations”.
• Justification of the properties and composition of fuel compositions based on biofuel and peat contaminated with radionuclides, with additives of sorbents for safe use at industrial and power facilities of the Republic of Belarus.
• Development of recommendations for improving the safety of fuel-burning facilities in Belarus on local fuels contaminated with radionuclides and reducing the costs of handling ash wastes.
• Assessment of the consequences and forecast of the impact of man-made accidents on the objects of economic activity in the monitoring zones on the safety of potentially dangerous nuclear, radiation, chemical and other enterprises.
• Elaboration and justification of the eligibility criteria for the physicochemical properties of radioactive waste from nuclear power plants sent to long-term storage (burial) sites, including in packages or shipping containers.
The list of the most important publications:
1. Reduction of Cs-137 emission into the atmosphere during burning of solid fuel contaminated with radionuclides under conditions of excitation of thermoacoustic self-oscillations and gas-dynamic pulsations/ Polezhaev J.V. [and oth.] (JIHT RAS, Moscow), Solovyev V.N., Byda L.A., Levchuk А.S., Pleschankov I.G., Fokina G.I. (JIPNR-Sosny) // EPJ – 2015. – V.88, №2. – P.364–370.
2. Research of technological characteristics of fly ash when burning local fuels contaminated with radionuclides/ Solovyev V.N., Byda L.A., Kuzmina N.D., Levchuk A.S., Pleschankov I.G., Fokina G.I. // the VI Intern. Conf. “Nuclear technologies of the XXI century”, Minsk, 25–27 October 2016 / «JIPNR-Sosny» NAS of Belarus. – Minsk: Law and Economics, 2016. – P. 199–194.
3. Emission of 137Cs with flue gases during the burning of local fuels contaminated with radionuclides at power facilities in Belarus/ Solovyev V.N., Byda L.A., Kuzmina N.D., Levchuk A.S., Pleschankov I.G., Fokina G.I. // the VI Intern. Conf. “Nuclear technologies of the XXI century”, Minsk, 25–27 October 2016 / «JIPNR-Sosny» NAS of Belarus. – Minsk: Law and Economics, 2016. – P. 184–189.
4. The method for determining the level of fuel pollution based on peat, in which the resulting ash will not be radioactive ash waste / Zmura G.M., Solovyev V.N., Zhemzhurov M.L., Serebryany G.Z. // the VI Intern. Conf. “Nuclear technologies of the XXI century”, Minsk, 25–27 October 2016 / «JIPNR-Sosny» NAS of Belarus. – Minsk: Law and Economics, 2016. – P. 195–199.
5. Methodology of investigation of the technogenic accidents impact on the safety of the Belarusian NPP in the 30 km zone/ Zhavoronkov I.S., Kuzmina N.D., Solovyev V.N. // the V All-Russian scientific-practical. Conf. “Security problems in the aftermath of emergencies”, Voronezh, 15–16 December 2016 / Voronezh Institute of the State Fire Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations Russia. – Voronezh, 2017. – Part I. – P. 108–110.
6. Alternative approach to establishing admissible fuel pollution levels based on peat / Zmura G.M., Solovyev V.N., Zhemzhurov M.L., Serebryany G.Z. // Energy and Fuel and Energy Complex. – 2017. – №2. – P.12–14.
7. Investigation of the radiation characteristics of the ash dump// Solovyev V.N., Kuzmina N.D., Levchuk A.S., Pleschankov I.G., Fokina G.I. // Bulletin of the Civil Protection University of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Belarus. – 2017. –V. 1, № 3. – P. 277–282.